Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 2

Well today was day two of my adventure, and an adventure it was. I woke up and my feet, to my amazement, felt prety good there was a slight burning sensation still, but nothing really bad. So I decided I would go walk some trails, and it was an awsome experience. It had just got done raining so the trails were wet and had some mud holes to walk threw, what a great felling that is. Mud going threw the toes kinda tickled my feet, but felt really good. As I walked threw the woods I kinda felt like I had went back in time, like it was just me and the ground nothing in between us, and I felt like I could walk forever. There was only a minor set back to this trail walking and that was all the little rocks and stones. Today I pretty much just walked, but there was a couple times I did a light jog but nothing much. Now that Im home I can feel a little burn in the lower calf muscles. And of course the bottom of my feet burn. Well that concludes day two of my journey.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck on your effort.
    I am several months into working on my stride barefoot and made all the newbie mistakes possible. I recommend you read Ken Bob and BF Ted's sites thoroughly as well as Barefoot Josh here in NC. Josh is practical and funny and down to earth. He is also passionate about his bf running. He has some nice videos on his site.
    For me I have determined I will train my stride barefoot on an ongoing basis but will work with Vibram Five Fingers for the majority of my runs including marathons. I just completed my first marathon in them on June 12th. Slow but finished.
    http://www.barefootjosh.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. good deal, just keep it slow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also just started running barefoot. I look forward to reading about your experience. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably won't run barefoot as I live in the desert, but do wear minimalist shoes. I've subscribed to your blog and will follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. through, not threw. Otherwise, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey man!

    I saw your blog link from runner world forums. I think it's cool that you're doing barefoot running. My cousins each bought the Vibrams and everytime I see them I'm more inclined to buy one [someday, I'm sure!].

    Well, good luck and keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain from yesterday :-) I have also taken up barefoot running and got my first blisters today. Too much, too soon despite knowing better. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post, information about Day 2 make my knowledge increases, always a spirit and create a new article and i already bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete